Roberto Abraham Scaruffi

Friday 30 October 2015

The European Union Times



Posted: 29 Oct 2015 03:19 PM PDT

The corpse of an unidentified figure with human-like hands has been found floating in a stream in Latin America. Locals on the continent believe the creature to have been the mythical vampire-like chupacabra.
The body was discovered in the town of Carmen del Parana in southern Paraguay by the locals, who filmed it floating face down in the water. The lifeless creature appeared to be the size of an average dog, and seemingly had fair skin with no fur, and four limbs with human-like fingers and a long tail.
Rescue services and experts were called to the scene to fish out the body and determine its origins.
Local news have been broadcasting the finding with superstitious locals claiming that they have finally discovered the legendary chupacabra. The predator has been terrifying the continent since the middle of the 20th century, and is believed to be responsible for the deaths of goats and other farm animals by sucking their blood (its name literally translates as “goat sucker.”)
Unfortunately, the discovery was made a little too late to prove or deny the existence of the animal vampire; the body was badly decomposed.
“Given its traits, we believe it is a species of monkey because of the hands and legs… But in reality no one can say what exactly the creature is as it was found in an advanced state of decomposition,” the commander of the fire brigade told local news.
Although stray dogs, coyotes and foxes have often been mistaken for a chupacabra, fears of the blood-sucking creature have spread as far as other continents. In Russia, the agriculture ministry of the Moscow region had to officially deny the existence of the chupacabra, after dozens of farm animals were mysteriously killed in 2014.
Source
        
Posted: 29 Oct 2015 03:01 PM PDT

An Arizona man’s Facebook post describing a routine traffic stop, in which he was let off with only a warning, has gone viral for challenging the narrative that police are waging a war on minorities.
Steven Hildreth, a Tucson author and Army veteran, related his tale in a social media post that has since accumulated over 261 thousand likes and over 160 thousand shares.
In the post Hildreth describes how he complied with officers’ orders after he was pulled over for having a broken headlight, and how he notified officers that he was armed.
“The officer asks me how I’m doing, and then asks if I have any weapons,” Hildreth says.
“Yes, sir,” Hildreth replies. “I’m a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is in my back-right pocket.”
The officer asks Hildreth to step out, asks for his gun, and proceeds to run his license.
“Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date. He goes back to run my license. I know he’s got me on at least two infractions. I’m thinking of how to pay them,” Hildreth says he remembers thinking.
“Because you were cool with us and didn’t give us grief, I’m just going to leave it at a verbal warning,” the officer told Hildreth. “Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible.”
Hildreth says his routine interaction goes to show how the police “war on minorities” claim has been grossly exaggerated by social justice warriors.
“I’m a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn’t be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities,” Hildreth states.
“Maybe…just maybe… that notion is bunk.”
Anti-police social justice warrior groups, in particularly the Black Lives Matter movement, have been blamed by police and others for inciting hatred of cops and creating a volatile atmosphere.
Read Hildreth’s Facebook post below:
So, I’m driving to my office to turn in my weekly paperwork. A headlight is out. I see a Tucson Police Department squad vehicle turn around and follow me. I’m already preparing for the stop.
The lights go on and I pull over. The officer asks me how I’m doing, and then asks if I have any weapons.
“Yes, sir. I’m a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is in my back-right pocket.”
The officer explains for his safety and mine, he needs to disarm me for the stop. I understand, and I unlock the vehicle. I explain that I’m running a 7TS ALS holster but from the angle, the second officer can’t unholster it. Lead officer asks me to step out, and I do so slowly. Officer relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U I’m running on it. He also sees my military ID and I tell him I’m with the National Guard.
Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date. He goes back to run my license. I know he’s got me on at least two infractions. I’m thinking of how to pay them.
Officers return with my Glock in an evidence back, locked and cleared. “Because you were cool with us and didn’t give us grief, I’m just going to leave it at a verbal warning. Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible.”
I smile. “Thank you, sir.”
I’m a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn’t be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities.
Maybe…just maybe…that notion is bunk.
Maybe if you treat police officers with respect, they will do the same to you.
Police officers are people, too. By far and large, most are good people and they’re not out to get you.
I’d like to thank those two officers and TPD in general for another professional contact.
We talk so much about the bad apples who shouldn’t be wearing a badge. I’d like to spread the word about an example of men who earned their badges and exemplify what that badge stands for.
‪#‎BlueLivesMatter‬ ‪#‎AllLivesMatter‬
[EDIT: In my rush to post, I accidentally omitted that my wallet was in the back-right pocket, near my firearm. This was the primary motivation for temporary disarmament. The post has been modified to reflect that.
Again, I’d like to thank the TPD and their officers for their consistent professionalism, courtesy, and the good work that they do, both in this particular contact and every day.]
Source
        
Posted: 29 Oct 2015 02:42 PM PDT

Islamic State terrorists have gained access to the production of chemical weapons, the head of the department for non-proliferation and arms control of the Russian Foreign Ministry Mikhail Ulyanov said, Pravda.Ru reports with reference to TASS.
“By all accounts, the Islamic State group has gained access to technologies for the production of chemical weapons,” the official said.
Ulyanov said that the terrorist group has left traces of its use in Syria and Iraq.
Earlier, FSB chief Alexander Bortnikov stated that the Islamic State was expanding its zone of influence. Mercenaries from more than 100 countries of the world constantly join the organization.
Source
        
Posted: 29 Oct 2015 02:27 PM PDT

A Protestant church in Oberhausen, Germany is set to remove Christian crosses, altars and pulpits in order to accomodate 50 Muslim migrants who were invited to stay in the building.
“The parish had offered that to the city,” Oberhausen city spokesperson Rainer Suhr told media outlets.
“Before the refugees can move in, the seats have to be taken away. Also the altar, the pulpit and font are movable,” said the superintendent of the Oberhausen church district Oberhausen, Pastor Joachim Deterding.
Sanitary facilities with washing machines will be installed next to the church, while free lunches will also be delivered to the migrants.
While Germany is beginning to turn over Christian churches in order to house the influx of Muslim migrants, Sweden may be about to follow suit.
As we reported earlier this month, the world’s first lesbian Bishop Eva Brunne suggested removing Christian crosses and symbols from a church in Stockholm in order to make the building “more inviting” for Muslims.
Brunne, who also said that the direction of Mecca should be marked, argued that the church should be treated more like an airport, where Muslim prayer rooms are provided.
Migrants are also being provided with accomodation at luxury ski resorts and hotels while Europeans living in social housing are being given eviction notices to make way for the “refugees”.
These are just two more examples which illustrate why some commentators assert that Europe is committing cultural suicide in order to accomodate the migrants, the vast majority of whom aren’t even Syrian and are not fleeing war.
Earlier this week we also highlighted how German security experts are warning that the middle class in Germany is becoming “radicalized” in response to the migrant influx and that domestic unrest may occur as a result.
Source
        
Posted: 29 Oct 2015 02:08 PM PDT

A private ambulance company in New York City is facing backlash after suspending an emergency medical technician who tried to save a schoolgirl from choking. Qwasie Reed violated Assist Ambulance rules by stopping, but says he would do it again.
Reed was driving a nursing home patient to a doctor’s appointment when he was flagged at a red light outside Public School 250 in Brooklyn last week. Against his partner’s urging, he jumped out of the ambulance and rushed to help 7-year-old Noelia Echavarria, who had choked on her school lunch.
“She was blue in the face and lips. No response. Unconscious unresponsive,” Reid told WABC-TV, adding that no one around her was rendering first aid. He cleared out the girl’s mouth, put an oxygen mask on, used a defibrillator and started CPR. The fire department showed up three or four minutes later.
Echavarria was admitted to New York University Langone Medical Center, where she remains on life support. Her relatives say she is basically brain-dead, but hope she will recover.
Stopping in the middle of a trip violated Assist Ambulance’s policy, and got him suspended, Reed said, adding the company is only concerned with insurance money.
“As an EMT, I don’t care about your money,” Reed told DNAInfo. “I’m worried about them firing me, but I did a good deed.”
“I don’t regret it. I’d do it again. If I know there’s a child choking, I’m going to do my best to help her,” he later told Fox News. He has been driving ambulances for four years, and says he made a judgment that the girl’s emergency took priority over the nursing-home patient in the vehicle.
As news of Reed’s suspension spread, so did public outrage over his employer’s actions.
Assist Ambulance has not responded to local media’s requests for comment. The company’s website displays a message that it is down for maintenance. Cached versions of the site indicate the company has provided emergency and non-emergency transport services to New York City hospitals for 30 years, and employs a multi-lingual staff.
Meanwhile, the girl’s family is questioning why no one at the school tried to help Echavarria as she choked on her lunch. Speaking to DNAInfo, Reed said a mixture of children and adults had been around the girl, but he “didn’t have to ask anyone to move out of the way.”
PS 250 principal RoseAnn LaCioppa has sent a letter to parents, rejecting allegations that the staff did not do enough to help Echavarria.
“I want to reassure you that our school personnel has been trained in response to emergencies and we will always follow all protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of all our students,” LaCioppa wrote.
Source